Commercial Water Procurement
Finding a better water supplier could save your company thousands.
At Energy Solutions, we offer our clients a complete ongoing water procurement service. It is not enough for a broker to simply price everything on a like for like basis and then disappear. Businesses deserve much more. Our APOLLO system offers six ways that we help medium-sized to large companies save on their water and waste bills. When used together, we have achieved savings of up to 45% for our clients, as well as substantial refunds in many cases:
- Analysis – This is the vital first step that we see so many brokers and consultants missing, which is a shame, as this is also where many savings are made. Why does a building have 3 supplies, is this the right meter size for you, how clean is the wastewater from your factory?
- Preparation – Knowing which suppliers are most competitive by location and consumption is important. Understanding how your business’s plans will affect demand can have to be a considerable effect too.
- Options– Water contracts may appear to be very simple, but the deeper you dig, the more options you can uncover. It is all about understanding what is right for your business and your flexibility.
- Leadership – We understand that you, as procurement managers, financial directors and business owners, are looking for the best way to manage your energy portfolios. To help you achieve your goals and to offer the best possible advice and service to you, we partner with leading organisations who offer complementary products and services.
- Lifetime Support– Ensuring the right billing, meters and tariffs whilst reclaiming any overspending for the full duration of all contracts is just part of the service – although it is not something all our competitors offer for free. We also work with you to manage your portfolio – adding new sites as you take them on, installing new connections and terminating contracts for any sites you no longer operate.
- Opportunities- Whether you are looking for funding for energy efficiency, power generation or demand management projects and any other cost-cutting measures, we can help you raise the finance required or work with you on a shared revenue/savings basis. Looking for an insurance backed guarantee on those savings, we have that too.
Easy and seamless to switch suppliers
The entire process is simple as we handle everything from start to finish, including procurement, tendering, negotiating and liaising with you to ensure a smooth changeover for substantial water bill savings.
Plus, as we can take our fee from the supplier, switching to a cheaper water supplier couldn’t be simpler.
Water Bureau And Bill Validation Service
Water and wastewater audit
Our experienced consultants will carry out a comprehensive water audit of all component charges of the bills that make up your water charges, taking into account staff populations and water facilities on site.
Our audit checks include:-
- Surface water charges.
- Highways drainage charges.
- Site area charges.
- Property drainage charges.
- Band charges.
Even if your actual water usage is low, these additional charges can be a significant proportion of the bill, the highest component charges are levied by the following water companies:-
- United Utilities
- Scottish Water
- Severn Trent Water
- South Staffordshire Water
- Northumbrian Water
- Yorkshire Water
We have found numerous cases where these charges have been incorrectly levied resulting in significant savings for the client and refunds dating back up to 6 years can be obtained.
Last year our partners secured refunds of over £1.5m for many high street clients, universities, colleges and schools.
Existing clients include:-
Water Audit Clients
- Dixon Group P.C World
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- Cannons Health and Fitness
- Royal Mail
- Lloyds TSB
- Cable and Wireless
- Halliwells LLP
- Somerfield Stores
- Little Chef
Other water audit investigations include:-
- Meter standing charges.
- Environmental charges levied by British Water Ways and Environment Agency (for surface water discharge).
- Water volumetric tariffs.
- Wastewater charges.
- Trade effluent discharge rates.
- High water consumption issues.
In fact, any and all component charges that make up your bill.
Preliminary water and waste water audit report.
Upon completion of the in-depth water audit, preliminary reports are generated on a site by site basis, the reports contain specific water and wastewater accounts, a brief overview of findings and recommendations for cost reduction savings.
Some occasions the reduction in costs may require an application to the relevant water supplier for a reduction in a component charge and a refund without the need for a site survey.
The application fee for reducing these charges and application for a refund/credit will be detailed within the water audit for client approval prior to commencing.
Savings and refunds
The target savings will be detailed within the water audit services report together with the expected refund/credit.
The water audit report may recommend a site survey is undertaken in order to identify the reason for the high water consumption. Upon completion, a detailed report is sent to the client indicating areas of savings, action required to achieve those savings, cost to carry out the works required and the payback which is normally under 6 months or less.
Typical project work to save water where there may be high consumption:-
- Underground water leaks.
- Water leak detection.
- Urinals flushing uncontrolled.
- Can we save water with a water saving flush or a water saving toilet?
- High volume showers operating Leisure Centres, Hotels, Fitness Clubs.
- Inefficient water use in production.
- See where water conservation can take place.
- Faulty water meter.
- Incorrect meter readings.
- Clients metered supply feeds others in error.
- Overflowing tanks storage cisterns.
- Swimming pools leaking.
- Faulty pool make up systems.
Subject to the client’s approval Energy Solutions and our partners will undertake to complete the work whether installation, consultancy, leak detection and repair and supply and fitting of water saving devices.
Target savings/refund report
Upon completion of all work to achieve savings and or refunds/credits the client will be provided with a final water audit services, report and evidence that the savings and or refunds/credits have been achieved.
What could you save on water?
Call Energy Solutions on 0203 369 1688 today.