When you decide to work from home, creating the right environment can be tough. You need Here are 10 key benefits:a space that’s quiet, but also productive. A backyard office might be your perfect solution.
1) Moving your workspace into the backyard promotes a healthier work-life balance. You trim commuting out of your schedule, leaving more time for family, fitness, housekeeping, and indulging personal interests and hobbies. The net result is a greater feeling of fulfilment and a more satisfying life.
2) While a home office also delivers this better balance between your personal and professional lives, it doesn’t do so with great efficiency. Sharing space between work and home simply invites clutter and distraction. Build a dedicated workspace for yourself and you ensure that your working hours remain efficient and productive. This actually applies to all sorts of backyard buildings, not just offices: You’ll keep things more organized and efficient when you build a dedicated space for working, crafting, or indulging any sort of hobby.
3) There is also a reverse angle to consider. Getting your work papers mixed up with the latest load of laundry is not a recipe for a blissful, balanced work from home career. Moving your work out of the house will be much appreciated by your family members. (It has a positive effect on your own peace of mind, too!) The small degree of separation a backyard office gives you is priceless. You maintain control of the divide between work and family life and keep these two spheres from interacting in negative ways.
4) Backyard offices can be built to be extremely healthy environments. A well-constructed timber office building is good for both body and mind. Timber construction maintains healthy, comfortable levels of temperature and humidity. Some research even suggests that wooden surroundings help alleviate stress symptoms. While it’s not a guarantee of a blissful working life, a timber backyard office can make you feel like it’s easier to cope with whatever comes your way.
5) A standalone backyard office can be surprisingly affordable. Even ambitious designs are, as a general rule of thumb, cheaper to build than an addition that increases the space in your existing home by an equivalent amount. Visit Quick-Garden.co.uk to see the extensive range. Backyard offices are also much faster to get built. You can office design, build, and furnish a backyard office in less time than it will take to get the permits for building an extension.
6) For serious work at home professionals, a backyard office has significant economic advantages over renting office space. While facility costs vary widely around the country, it is essentially impossible to find usable professional space for anything less than $300 per desk per month. The much lower cost of a backyard office can recoup its entire construction cost within a year simply through rent savings.
7) There’s also an economic advantage to be seen in keeping your home office comfortable. If you work inside your home, you’re spending a lot to keep the air conditioning or heating running all day. It is much cheaper to heat or cool one small backyard office. You can push these savings even further if you invest in energy-efficient construction methods.
8) Building a backyard office offers you great long-term flexibility. If your needs change in the future, it would be simple to convert a backyard office into something else — a summerhouse, a home gym, a workshop, and so forth. In fact, if you have the space and the budget, you can build your timber backyard office to accommodate multiple rooms and multiple functions from the ground up.
9) Depending on how you work, a backyard office may offer significant tax benefits. If you are self-employed and run your business as a sole proprietorship, you may be able to claim some or all of the cost of building a backyard office as a business expense. Other professional arrangements, like incorporation, offer you the opportunity of renting your backyard office to your business for perpetual savings. Consult with an accountant to find the most favourable tax position to take.
10) There is a quite simply unique feeling of personal ownership to moving your professional work into a backyard office. Building a better work-life balance and saving money are fine benefits, but they aren’t enough reason on their own to build a backyard office. Your office can and should be an exclusive space designed expressly for your own needs. It delivers all the comforts and conveniences of indoor life while still allowing you to work very close to nature. When you build a timber backyard office, you have a chance to create a building just for yourself. The result can be a beautiful and uplifting space, an office you can be proud of, a building that makes you happy every time you go into it.
If you’re ready to unlock all these benefits by building a timber backyard office, feel free to give us a call. We’d be happy to further expand your knowledge on the subject and layout all the great options available to you.