The 2015 Science and Technology Prize awarding ceremony took place today at the Gazprom Management Committee meeting.
The ‘Design and introduction of Gazprom’s main gas lines technical condition and integrity control system’ research paper was recognized the contest winner. The paper was submitted by Gazprom VNIIGAZ. Introduced in 2013–2014, the system yielded a RUB 7.3 billion economic benefit.
The second prize was awarded to the ‘Design and introduction of innovative software for ranging UGSS facilities by their significance and procedures for assessing economic efficiency of introduction of comprehensive safety systems for Gazprom’s facilities’ paper. The paper was submitted by NIIgazeconomika.
Prizes also went to the author teams of the following research projects:
– ‘Development and introduction of domestically-manufactured glass-fiber threaded couplings to avoid gas shutdown during gas pipeline repair’. The paper was presented by Gazprom Transgaz Ukhta.
– ‘On-line geo-technical monitoring and field development prospective planning system for a gas producing enterprise’. The paper was submitted by Gazprom Dobycha Yamburg.
– ‘Process development and application of new large pipe grades for the construction of extra-high capacity deepwater gas pipelines’. The paper was submitted by Giprospetsgaz.
– ‘Innovative technologies for gas well restoration without plugging and its further operation through concentric tubing’. The paper was submitted by Gazprom Dobycha Urengoy.
– ‘Development and introduction of highly efficient design concepts for manufacturing of K5 eco-friendly motor fuels meeting 013/2011 technical requirements of the Customs Union’. The paper was submitted by Gazprom Pererabotka.
– ‘Development of comprehensive automatic monitoring system of hazardous geo-processes for the Dzuarikau – Tskhinval gas pipeline of Gazprom Transgaz Stavropol and the Kama River submerged crossing of the Urengoy – Pomary – Uzhgorod main gas line, 1,852 kilometers, Gazprom Transgaz Tchaikovsky’. The paper was submitted by Gazprom Transgaz Stavropol.
– ‘Design and introduction of innovative forecasting procedures for Cenomanian gas saturated beds to optimize reserves volumes and time-schedules prior to commercial development based on the Kruzenshternskoye field’. The paper was submitted by Gazprom Geologorazvedka.
– ‘Design and introduction of repair technologies based on unconventional equipment at well mouth’. The paper was submitted by Gazprom Gazobezopasnost.
Gazprom’s Science and Technology Prize was established in 1998. The Prize is an important component of the corporate sci-tech policy dedicated to promoting innovations in the Company’s activity and its technological leadership within the global energy industry.
Gazprom’s subsidiaries nominated 23 projects for the Prize in 2015. 196 authors were engaged in creating these projects.
The submitted papers were assessed by a group of experts from Gazprom and its subsidiaries. The following criteria were subject to assessment: urgency, novelty and sci-tech-intensiveness of projects, scope and feasibility of their application by Gazprom enterprises, commercial and protective potential, share of domestic products, technologies and equipment.