E.ON’s ‘Prepayment Store Locator’ tool allows anyone with a prepayment meter to find the nearest place to top-up their energy. The tool is available for desktop and mobile devices so people can top-up wherever they are.
The Prepayment Store Locator brings together 50,000 Payzone, Post Office and Paypoint stores across the UK and lets E.ON customers and non-customers search by their current location or a postcode, street name or town. The tool finds the 10 nearest top-up locations and displays store information, directions and maps, and opening times.
This service is set to please the third of Brits (32%) who say they want convenient and accessible services from the companies they choose to buy from, according to research from by E.ON1.
Damian Kirk, Head of Prepayment at E.ON, said “At E.ON we’ve been listening to our customers to show them that we’re delivering the improvements and the services they want. The Prepayment Store Locator helps provide a convenient and helpful service for prepayment meter customers and hopefully just make life that little bit easier for them.”
Getting ready for winter
E.ON’s Prepayment Store Locator was originally launched ahead of the winter months, alongside advice to help ensure customers use no more energy than they need.
- Heating your home accounts for roughly two-thirds of your energy use2. By turning the heating down when you’re out, away or asleep, you could significantly cut your heating bills. Only heating the rooms you use will help too. And if your radiators are equipped with thermostats, turn the heating off in rooms you’re not using. Finally, remember to programme your heating and to adjust the timings when the clocks change.
- Cutting down on tumble dryer use could help lower energy use. If you can’t dry your clothes in any other way and you need to use your dryer, give your clothes a quick extra spin in the washing machine beforehand – they’ll dry much quicker.
- Keep radiators clear of furniture – it reduces their efficiency output.
- Don’t leave things on standby – no matter what time of year; leaving things like TVs and games consoles on permanent standby means they’re still sapping power and costing you money.
- Many modern showers, especially electric ones, heat up immediately so there’s no need to run them before getting in – running them for less time will save you water and money.
For more information about E.ON’s Prepayment Store Locator, to find out how E.ON can help you use and pay for no more energy than you need, and to share views visit:
Notes to editors:
1 All data based on research carried out among 2,000 British adults by Vision Critical, September 2014.
2. Source: E.ON.
For more information contact:
Scott Somerville (07889 771 804)
The information (including any forecasts or projections) contained in this press release (the “Information”) reflects the views and opinions of E.ON on the date of this press release. The Information is intended as a guide only and nothing contained within this press release is to be taken, or relied upon, as advice. E.ON makes no warranties, representations or undertakings about any of the Information (including, without limitation, any as to its quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose) and E.ON accepts no liability whatsoever for any action or omission taken by you in relation to the Information. Any reliance you place on the Information is solely at your own risk. This press release is the property of E.ON and you may not copy, modify, publish, repost or distribute it. © E.ON 2014
Source:: E.ON’s locator tool helps people with prepayment meters find their nearest top-up location, wherever they are