The Charter consists of 5 commitments that provide a framework for finance providers to set out their specific undertaking to SMEs.
The SME Finance Charter
5 pledges from UK banks and finance providers to support their SME customers through Brexit:
1. We’re open for business and ready to lend.
2. We’ll help you prepare for Brexit and beyond.
3. We’ll support your application and signpost other options if needed.
4. We’ll treat you fairly at all times.
5. We’ll work with the government-owned British Business Bank to support SMEs.
These high-level commitments have been signed off by the Business Finance Council, a collaboration between finance providers, business organisations and government.
They reflect the areas that government, finance providers and businesses have identified as being significant in ensuring that the SME finance market works effectively.