We’re seeking views on:
- whether there is evidence of potential competitive distortions as a result of the current eligibility threshold for the renewable electricity cost exemption schemes
- to what percentage should the current threshold of 20% electricity intensity be lowered – 17%, 15% or 10% – in order to address the distortions
- if the threshold is lowered, how to minimise the cost on non-eligible consumers.
The consultation also seeks views on related issues concerning:
- redistribution of money recovered from over-exempted EIIs
- improving operation of the exemption schemes
The consultation document is accompanied by an impact assessment setting out the bill and price impacts of the various options.